Ingredients:
1 pound ground turkey breast
½ cup finely chopped onion
½ grated carrots
½ cup finely chopped mushrooms
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
½ cup dried breadcrumbs
1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 cup tomato ketchup
1 egg, lightly beaten
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 400°
Coat a 12-pan muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray
Combine turkey, onions, carrots, mushrooms, parsley and breadcrumbs in a large bowl with a fork. Add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and egg and mix well. Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan filling each about half full.
Bake for 20-25 minutes. Internal temperature should be 170° or more.
Tips: You can use ground chicken instead of turkey if you can find it. If you aren’t trying to watch your calories per say, then I guess you could also use hamburger meat. The bad thing about using hamburger is that it will be really greasy, probably floating in the grease. It does not matter if you use the leanest hamburger you can find, that is just part of cooking with hamburger. :(
I have made this a few times and I don’t really care for the Worcestershire sauce. I love Worcestershire, but not so much in this. Also, if you want them to be a little more saucy, you should add a little more ketchup.
I have not filled my muffin cups half full, they have been FULL because my muffin cups are actually only half the size of regular ones, so I just fill them all the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment